Impassioned, often crazily-elaborate metaphors have been a staple of romantic discourse since… well, at least since the Song of Solomon (y’know, that sexy part of the Old Testament that fundamentalists do their best to ignore). On new single Anymore, rising R&B star (and Booth newcomer) Rudy Currence puts his own spin on that time-honored tradition; over Bryan Michael Cox’ soulfully subdued production (sampled from Outkast‘s Elevators), Currence informs his girl that not only is she the anchor and the lighthouse to his ship, she’s also an earthquake relief team, the unbreakable levee that prevents a hurricane, and the engine, tint, rims and sound system on his whip. That’s one busy lady. Whether or not automotive/natural disaster-related imagery makes you weak in the knees, you can’t argue with the man’s sincerity, nor can you deny the finished product’s silky-smooth appeal. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for the latest on debut full-length Black Keys, Blue Skies, set to drop this fall via DTP/Def Jam.
Listen to More: Rudy Currence
Written by richard on 07/15/10
Submit your Rating
Mike Check Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The O.T.H.E.R." (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.