Impassioned, often crazily-elaborate metaphors have been a staple of romantic discourse since… well, at least since the Song of Solomon (y’know, that sexy part of the Old Testament that fundamentalists do their best to ignore). On new single Anymore, rising R&B star (and Booth newcomer) Rudy Currence puts his own spin on that time-honored tradition; over Bryan Michael Cox’ soulfully subdued production (sampled from Outkast‘s Elevators), Currence informs his girl that not only is she the anchor and the lighthouse to his ship, she’s also an earthquake relief team, the unbreakable levee that prevents a hurricane, and the engine, tint, rims and sound system on his whip. That’s one busy lady. Whether or not automotive/natural disaster-related imagery makes you weak in the knees, you can’t argue with the man’s sincerity, nor can you deny the finished product’s silky-smooth appeal. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for the latest on debut full-length Black Keys, Blue Skies, set to drop this fall via DTP/Def Jam.
Listen to More: Rudy Currence
Written by richard on 07/15/10
Mike Check Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The O.T.H.E.R." (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.