Impassioned, often crazily-elaborate metaphors have been a staple of romantic discourse since… well, at least since the Song of Solomon (y’know, that sexy part of the Old Testament that fundamentalists do their best to ignore). On new single Anymore, rising R&B star (and Booth newcomer) Rudy Currence puts his own spin on that time-honored tradition; over Bryan Michael Cox’ soulfully subdued production (sampled from Outkast‘s Elevators), Currence informs his girl that not only is she the anchor and the lighthouse to his ship, she’s also an earthquake relief team, the unbreakable levee that prevents a hurricane, and the engine, tint, rims and sound system on his whip. That’s one busy lady. Whether or not automotive/natural disaster-related imagery makes you weak in the knees, you can’t argue with the man’s sincerity, nor can you deny the finished product’s silky-smooth appeal. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for the latest on debut full-length Black Keys, Blue Skies, set to drop this fall via DTP/Def Jam.
Listen to More: Rudy Currence Written by richard
Mike Check Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The O.T.H.E.R." (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.