If you’re the type of music-lover who’s Powerless before a soulful melody and a surging breakbeat, you may want to set a few cushions down before you hit “play;” Rudimental‘s latest feature is gonna bring you to your knees. The follow-up to last October’s Nas/Emeli Sandé-assisted Free, this freshly-released single finds singer Becky Hill crooning to a lost love over the UK electronic duo’s production, a potent pairing of melancholy string/keyboard harmonies and blistering drum-n-bass rhythms. David Edwards directs the high-concept visuals, which tell the story of two identical-twin boxers living in Brooklyn, N.Y. Fans can find Powerless, international hit Feel the Love and much more on Rudimental’s Home LP, available Stateside as of summer 2013.
Written by richard on 01/29/14
Submit your Rating
Asylum/Black Butter Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not Giving In" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.