If you’re the type of music-lover who’s Powerless before a soulful melody and a surging breakbeat, you may want to set a few cushions down before you hit “play;” Rudimental‘s latest feature is gonna bring you to your knees. The follow-up to last October’s Nas/Emeli Sandé-assisted Free, this freshly-released single finds singer Becky Hill crooning to a lost love over the UK electronic duo’s production, a potent pairing of melancholy string/keyboard harmonies and blistering drum-n-bass rhythms. David Edwards directs the high-concept visuals, which tell the story of two identical-twin boxers living in Brooklyn, N.Y. Fans can find Powerless, international hit Feel the Love and much more on Rudimental’s Home LP, available Stateside as of summer 2013.
Written by richard on 01/29/14
Submit your Rating
Asylum/Black Butter Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not Giving In" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)