If Ruben Studdard could transform himself into anything in the world, he wouldn’t be a king or, I don’t know, a pterodactyl. (That’s the coolest animal I could think of off the top.) Nope—as he reveals on Wear Me, single number two off his fifth full-length, he would love nothing more than to become every article of clothing in a certain woman’s wardrobe. With a currently-unknown producer’s brassy soul grooves as his backdrop, the American Idol-winning R&B vet outlines his fantasy in loving detail. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on Studdard’s Letters From Birmingham LP, due out March 13, via Shanachie. Click here to pre-order the set via iTunes!
Written by richard on 02/27/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.