If Ruben Studdard could transform himself into anything in the world, he wouldn’t be a king or, I don’t know, a pterodactyl. (That’s the coolest animal I could think of off the top.) Nope—as he reveals on Wear Me, single number two off his fifth full-length, he would love nothing more than to become every article of clothing in a certain woman’s wardrobe. With a currently-unknown producer’s brassy soul grooves as his backdrop, the American Idol-winning R&B vet outlines his fantasy in loving detail. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on Studdard’s Letters From Birmingham LP, due out March 13, via Shanachie. Click here to pre-order the set via iTunes!
Written by richard on 02/27/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)