If Ruben Studdard could transform himself into anything in the world, he wouldn’t be a king or, I don’t know, a pterodactyl. (That’s the coolest animal I could think of off the top.) Nope—as he reveals on Wear Me, single number two off his fifth full-length, he would love nothing more than to become every article of clothing in a certain woman’s wardrobe. With a currently-unknown producer’s brassy soul grooves as his backdrop, the American Idol-winning R&B vet outlines his fantasy in loving detail. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on Studdard’s Letters From Birmingham LP, due out March 13, via Shanachie. Click here to pre-order the set via iTunes!
Written by richard on 02/27/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.