If Ruben Studdard could transform himself into anything in the world, he wouldn’t be a king or, I don’t know, a pterodactyl. (That’s the coolest animal I could think of off the top.) Nope—as he reveals on Wear Me, single number two off his fifth full-length, he would love nothing more than to become every article of clothing in a certain woman’s wardrobe. With a currently-unknown producer’s brassy soul grooves as his backdrop, the American Idol-winning R&B vet outlines his fantasy in loving detail. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on Studdard’s Letters From Birmingham LP, due out March 13, via Shanachie. Click here to pre-order the set via iTunes!
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.