It it possible to improve upon a cut like Writer’s Block, the massively-acclaimed, Slim Shady-assisted lead single off Royce Da 5’9”‘s forthcoming full-length? Honestly, I’m not sure—but if there’s one man I believe might have the chops to do it, it’s DJ Premier, who contributes his vintage production stylings to the record’s official remix. How does it stack up against the Streetrunner/Sarom-produced original? Debate away—and be sure to cop Royce Success Is Certain LP when it arrives on store shelves tomorrow August 9.
Written by richard on 08/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Music Industry (Remix) ft. Various" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)