It it possible to improve upon a cut like Writer’s Block, the massively-acclaimed, Slim Shady-assisted lead single off Royce Da 5’9”‘s forthcoming full-length? Honestly, I’m not sure—but if there’s one man I believe might have the chops to do it, it’s DJ Premier, who contributes his vintage production stylings to the record’s official remix. How does it stack up against the Streetrunner/Sarom-produced original? Debate away—and be sure to cop Royce Success Is Certain LP when it arrives on store shelves tomorrow August 9.
Written by richard on 08/8/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Music Industry (Remix) ft. Various" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.