It it possible to improve upon a cut like Writer’s Block, the massively-acclaimed, Slim Shady-assisted lead single off Royce Da 5’9”‘s forthcoming full-length? Honestly, I’m not sure—but if there’s one man I believe might have the chops to do it, it’s DJ Premier, who contributes his vintage production stylings to the record’s official remix. How does it stack up against the Streetrunner/Sarom-produced original? Debate away—and be sure to cop Royce Success Is Certain LP when it arrives on store shelves tomorrow August 9.
Written by richard on 08/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Music Industry (Remix) ft. Various" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.