It it possible to improve upon a cut like Writer’s Block, the massively-acclaimed, Slim Shady-assisted lead single off Royce Da 5’9”‘s forthcoming full-length? Honestly, I’m not sure—but if there’s one man I believe might have the chops to do it, it’s DJ Premier, who contributes his vintage production stylings to the record’s official remix. How does it stack up against the Streetrunner/Sarom-produced original? Debate away—and be sure to cop Royce Success Is Certain LP when it arrives on store shelves tomorrow August 9.
Written by richard on 08/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Music Industry (Remix) ft. Various" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.