How do you effectively drop a dope single that gets everyone talking? The question has been asked over and over again by every rapper, singer, DJ, and label head, but there still doesn’t seem to be a clear answer. If you ask me, the formula’s actually pretty simple. Just take a little Bad, add in some Evil and let them go to work. Bad Meets Evil returns with Writer’s Block, Royce da 5’9”s Eminem-assisted new single off his upcoming album, Success Is Certain. (SIC is Nickel Nine’s non-Shady Records release that will be dropping before the next Slaughterhouse album.) Produced by Streetrunner and Sarom, Writer’s Block features a head-nodding beat that rewrites the definition of head-nodding, complete with NASCAR-speed hi-hats and operatic vocal samples. Filled with rapid verses from Royce and a hectic chorus from Eminem, both emcees flaunt how they will never run out of dope rhymes; case in point, Royce’s hilarious G-Unit riff. Will 5’9’s recipe for single success pan out? We’ll have to wait and see what the Booth thinks, but one thing is for sure – sooner or later, Success Is Certain.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Music Industry (Remix) ft. Various" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.