The question of whether young children (boys, particularly) should be discouraged from violent make-believe has long been a subject of controversy. Personally, though I’m the type of bleeding-heart who takes extra care to avoid stepping on anthills, I’m all for it—after all, how are American kids supposed to familiarize themselves with the all-important alveolar trill, aka the ‘rolled r,’ if not by imitating automatic weapons (“br-r-r-rap!”)? Besides the fact that those who don’t learn it early will have a hell of a time speaking Spanish (and countless other languages), it’s simply one of the coolest sounds the human mouth can produce; if you need convincing, take a listen to this new leak off Royce Da 5’9”‘s forthcoming, digital-only EP. On Gun Harmonizing, the Detroit rapper showcases his mastery of hip-hop’s favorite sound effect over Emile‘s punchy, old-school sample work, peppering the track with characteristically high-caliber lyrical ammunition in addition to some absolutely virtuosic onomatopoeia. Fans can find this aggressively catchy cut, along with new tracks off the forthcoming Street Hop LP (due out Sept 22) and a previously-unreleased record by Slaughterhouse on Royce’s Revival EP, set to hit the online retailers July 7th.
Written by richard on 06/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Music Industry (Remix) ft. Various" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)