When a rapper’s hungry they have to eat beats, and apparently Detroit’s Royce Da 5’9” is starving because he absolutely feasts on his new track Dinner Time. An official leak from the Slaughterhouse alum’s forthcoming, long-long-long delayed album, Dinner Time is nothing but three minutes of lyrical devastation over a frantically pacing beat from producer Quincey Tones that marries a rock vibe with pure hip-hop percussion. Frankly we’ve come to expect this kind of quality work from Royce (he absolutely murders the track), but the real news on Dinner Time is the quasi-return of Busta Rhymes, who actually gets back to spitting hard flows after going all Arab Money soft on us recently. Still, Royce is the unquestioned king of the track, and if his new album ever reaches our eardrums, there’s no doubt it will be a banger. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Music Industry (Remix) ft. Various" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.