When a rapper’s hungry they have to eat beats, and apparently Detroit’s Royce Da 5’9” is starving because he absolutely feasts on his new track Dinner Time. An official leak from the Slaughterhouse alum’s forthcoming, long-long-long delayed album, Dinner Time is nothing but three minutes of lyrical devastation over a frantically pacing beat from producer Quincey Tones that marries a rock vibe with pure hip-hop percussion. Frankly we’ve come to expect this kind of quality work from Royce (he absolutely murders the track), but the real news on Dinner Time is the quasi-return of Busta Rhymes, who actually gets back to spitting hard flows after going all Arab Money soft on us recently. Still, Royce is the unquestioned king of the track, and if his new album ever reaches our eardrums, there’s no doubt it will be a banger. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/11/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Music Industry (Remix) ft. Various" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.