When a rapper’s hungry they have to eat beats, and apparently Detroit’s Royce Da 5’9” is starving because he absolutely feasts on his new track Dinner Time. An official leak from the Slaughterhouse alum’s forthcoming, long-long-long delayed album, Dinner Time is nothing but three minutes of lyrical devastation over a frantically pacing beat from producer Quincey Tones that marries a rock vibe with pure hip-hop percussion. Frankly we’ve come to expect this kind of quality work from Royce (he absolutely murders the track), but the real news on Dinner Time is the quasi-return of Busta Rhymes, who actually gets back to spitting hard flows after going all Arab Money soft on us recently. Still, Royce is the unquestioned king of the track, and if his new album ever reaches our eardrums, there’s no doubt it will be a banger. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Music Industry (Remix) ft. Various" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.