When a rapper’s hungry they have to eat beats, and apparently Detroit’s Royce Da 5’9” is starving because he absolutely feasts on his new track Dinner Time. An official leak from the Slaughterhouse alum’s forthcoming, long-long-long delayed album, Dinner Time is nothing but three minutes of lyrical devastation over a frantically pacing beat from producer Quincey Tones that marries a rock vibe with pure hip-hop percussion. Frankly we’ve come to expect this kind of quality work from Royce (he absolutely murders the track), but the real news on Dinner Time is the quasi-return of Busta Rhymes, who actually gets back to spitting hard flows after going all Arab Money soft on us recently. Still, Royce is the unquestioned king of the track, and if his new album ever reaches our eardrums, there’s no doubt it will be a banger. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Music Industry (Remix) ft. Various" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.