When a rapper’s hungry they have to eat beats, and apparently Detroit’s Royce Da 5’9” is starving because he absolutely feasts on his new track Dinner Time. An official leak from the Slaughterhouse alum’s forthcoming, long-long-long delayed album, Dinner Time is nothing but three minutes of lyrical devastation over a frantically pacing beat from producer Quincey Tones that marries a rock vibe with pure hip-hop percussion. Frankly we’ve come to expect this kind of quality work from Royce (he absolutely murders the track), but the real news on Dinner Time is the quasi-return of Busta Rhymes, who actually gets back to spitting hard flows after going all Arab Money soft on us recently. Still, Royce is the unquestioned king of the track, and if his new album ever reaches our eardrums, there’s no doubt it will be a banger. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/11/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Music Industry (Remix) ft. Various" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.