As the cliché goes, the road to hell is often paved with good intentions. Which isn’t to say that there’s anything wrong with good intentions—it’s just that they alone won’t save you from the bad decisions you’re liable to make while putting them into practice. On Roy Murci‘s new single, his first feature since wrapping up promotion on his Booth-hosted Crown Royal LP, the DMV representer spits about a few people whose naïveté landed them in predicaments that would require a Magic Johnson-style miracle to solve—from rappers who stunt their way into bankruptcy to a woman whose laissez-faire attitude toward protection left her pregnant and HIV-positive. Beatsmith I.V. provides a catchy counterpoint to the artist’s cynicism on the production tip, flipping indie group Pop Etc.‘s upbeat Halfway to Heaven, and singer Danie Lyon provides some breezy guest vocals to complement the sampled hook. Fans will be able to find this joint and more fresh material on Roy’s MURXI EP, scheduled to drop in May. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 03/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.