Lieutenant? Lawn Tennis Association? After multiple listens to Roy Kinsey‘s first DJBooth feature, the meaning of the initialism “LTA” is still a mystery to me. Whatever the case may be, the record itself is just as illuminating as its title is obscure—which is why we in The DJBooth selected it as the Windy City representative’s introduction to our pages. In contemplative, yet engaging verses, the rhymesayer touches upon a few key events in his autobiography, looking back on his fatherless upbringing and debating whether his college degree was worth all the time and money he spent attaining it. Producer Nick Castle complements the emcee’s bars with a simple, yet effective beat based around an addictive guitar loop. Now that you’ve been properly introduced, are you craving more from this talented up-and-comer? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop Kinsey’s Beautiful Only: Priceless street album, out now via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 07/12/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)