Craving some New music from an artist who’s New to the Booth? Well, you’ve come to the right place, because it doesn’t get more Fresh & Futuristic than the first feature from Roy Hamilton III. The New York-born, Jersey-raised singer/songwriter/rapper/producer makes full use of his diverse skill set on this club-ready joint; over his own bouncy, synth-fueled boardwork, the artist takes us on a lyrical journey to the next millennium, driving the point home with allusions to such cutting-edge cultural touchstones as Blu-Ray, Star Trek, DeLoreans and… Right Said Fred? Yeah, I’m not really sure about that last one… while the I’m Too Sexy duo are still together according to Wikipedia, the odds of their becoming relevant at any point in the future seem slightly lower than those of me receiving a flying car for my birthday. But hey, anything’s possible! Topped off with some catchy chorus vocals by by Def Jam singer Ashley Loren, this track is just one of the many forward-looking bangers set to appear on Hamilton’s debut set, scheduled to land on store shelves May 3, 2011.
Written by richard on 08/8/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.