Craving some New music from an artist who’s New to the Booth? Well, you’ve come to the right place, because it doesn’t get more Fresh & Futuristic than the first feature from Roy Hamilton III. The New York-born, Jersey-raised singer/songwriter/rapper/producer makes full use of his diverse skill set on this club-ready joint; over his own bouncy, synth-fueled boardwork, the artist takes us on a lyrical journey to the next millennium, driving the point home with allusions to such cutting-edge cultural touchstones as Blu-Ray, Star Trek, DeLoreans and… Right Said Fred? Yeah, I’m not really sure about that last one… while the I’m Too Sexy duo are still together according to Wikipedia, the odds of their becoming relevant at any point in the future seem slightly lower than those of me receiving a flying car for my birthday. But hey, anything’s possible! Topped off with some catchy chorus vocals by by Def Jam singer Ashley Loren, this track is just one of the many forward-looking bangers set to appear on Hamilton’s debut set, scheduled to land on store shelves May 3, 2011.
Written by richard on 08/8/10
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.