Craving some New music from an artist who’s New to the Booth? Well, you’ve come to the right place, because it doesn’t get more Fresh & Futuristic than the first feature from Roy Hamilton III. The New York-born, Jersey-raised singer/songwriter/rapper/producer makes full use of his diverse skill set on this club-ready joint; over his own bouncy, synth-fueled boardwork, the artist takes us on a lyrical journey to the next millennium, driving the point home with allusions to such cutting-edge cultural touchstones as Blu-Ray, Star Trek, DeLoreans and… Right Said Fred? Yeah, I’m not really sure about that last one… while the I’m Too Sexy duo are still together according to Wikipedia, the odds of their becoming relevant at any point in the future seem slightly lower than those of me receiving a flying car for my birthday. But hey, anything’s possible! Topped off with some catchy chorus vocals by by Def Jam singer Ashley Loren, this track is just one of the many forward-looking bangers set to appear on Hamilton’s debut set, scheduled to land on store shelves May 3, 2011.
Written by richard on 08/8/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.