In the promotional material accompanying Roses Gabor‘s Girls Music debut single, the record is described as, “a song for clubs and night bus journeys alike.” It’s tough to imagine a track equally appropriate for both of those situations but, believe it or not, the London alt-R&B artist seems to have succeeded in melding those two disparate vibes on the newly-released Stars. That’s thanks in large part to beatsmith Redlight, who wreathes warm keyboard voices and reverb-drenched percussion in shifting layers of synth dissonance to create one of the most unique instrumentals I’ve heard in a minute, but Gabor contributes to the atmosphere in her own right, lacing the beat with minimal verses and a fragmentary, studio-tweaked chorus. Director Natalia Stuyk ties the package together with some trippy, computer-generated visuals. Interest piqued? While Stars is just a promo release, you can keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for more from this innovative R&B songstress.
Written by richard on 11/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatever You Like" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.