Some people prefer to take things slow with a new partner, gradually edging closer as trust develops. Roses Gabor? She doesn’t f**k around. On Rush, her first feature since 2012’s buzzworthy Stars, the UK songstress extends a bold and direct invitation to a man she’s been eyeing: “I don’t wanna waste your time / Meet me on the floor like it’s the last night.” MNEK mans the mixing boards, evoking the exhilaration of new romance with reverb-soaked cymbal crashes and ebbing, flowing synths. Now that Gabor’s made her return to our pages, are you craving more? Then stay tuned; while she doesn’t have any larger projects on the horizon, we’ll keep you posted on her plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.