At the risk of sounding creepy, I bet Roscoe Umali gives great hugs. C’mon, don’t play like you’ve never thought of it before. Everything from his giant teddy bear stature to his comically low voice screams “nice guy”, and his catalogue of lighthearted, radio-friendly songs only add to the picture. His newest single, U Girl, fits the Roscoe bill perfectly. The track opens with some playful high-pitched synths and takes off from there, as the LA rapper spits some flirtatious rhymes about said girl, keeping his lyrics casual enough for some easy commercial appeal. The Grammy-winning Avila Brothers add a bit of bounce to the track with their lively beat. U Girl will appear on a mixtape called DJ Warrior and Julian Ramirez Present: I Love MY DJs (Vol. 2), out Sep 12.
Artisan of War Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Live It Up ft. Bobby V & E-40" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.