Those tuned in to the ATL underground scene are likely aware of the controversy surrounding the origins of recent Interscope signee Roscoe Dash‘s Booth debut: suffice it to say, All the Way Turnt Up was conceived and recorded by Dash, and the record’s original guests, Eastside group Travis Porter, attempted to take credit after it was leaked last October (more info here). Thus, the recently-released official single version of the local hit finds Dash joined by a new collaborator, hip-pop heavyweight Soulja Boy. Nationally-renowned guest feature or not, though, this cut has a distinct regional flavor – from KE On the Track‘s springy electric-guitar backdrop, to the collaborators’ hard-stunting rhymes, to the headliner’s maddeningly catchy sung hook, this boisterous club banger is Southern through and through. Will its appeal translate to success on the national scene? As always, feel free to speculate. Roscoe Dash’s major-label debut, Ready Set Go!, is set to drop April 27. Watch for this single’s official video to debut on Monday.
Written by richard on 02/21/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.