Those tuned in to the ATL underground scene are likely aware of the controversy surrounding the origins of recent Interscope signee Roscoe Dash‘s Booth debut: suffice it to say, All the Way Turnt Up was conceived and recorded by Dash, and the record’s original guests, Eastside group Travis Porter, attempted to take credit after it was leaked last October (more info here). Thus, the recently-released official single version of the local hit finds Dash joined by a new collaborator, hip-pop heavyweight Soulja Boy. Nationally-renowned guest feature or not, though, this cut has a distinct regional flavor – from KE On the Track‘s springy electric-guitar backdrop, to the collaborators’ hard-stunting rhymes, to the headliner’s maddeningly catchy sung hook, this boisterous club banger is Southern through and through. Will its appeal translate to success on the national scene? As always, feel free to speculate. Roscoe Dash’s major-label debut, Ready Set Go!, is set to drop April 27. Watch for this single’s official video to debut on Monday.
Written by richard on 02/21/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.