Those tuned in to the ATL underground scene are likely aware of the controversy surrounding the origins of recent Interscope signee Roscoe Dash‘s Booth debut: suffice it to say, All the Way Turnt Up was conceived and recorded by Dash, and the record’s original guests, Eastside group Travis Porter, attempted to take credit after it was leaked last October (more info here). Thus, the recently-released official single version of the local hit finds Dash joined by a new collaborator, hip-pop heavyweight Soulja Boy. Nationally-renowned guest feature or not, though, this cut has a distinct regional flavor – from KE On the Track‘s springy electric-guitar backdrop, to the collaborators’ hard-stunting rhymes, to the headliner’s maddeningly catchy sung hook, this boisterous club banger is Southern through and through. Will its appeal translate to success on the national scene? As always, feel free to speculate. Roscoe Dash’s major-label debut, Ready Set Go!, is set to drop April 27. Watch for this single’s official video to debut on Monday.
Written by richard on 02/21/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.