For young women of color, the pressure to conform to complex and often contradictory societal standards can make every day feel like an undercover mission. On inaugural mixtape leak The Bourne Identity, Booth newcomer RoQ’y TyRaid laces Jimmy Flight‘s understated boardwork with a series of lyrical vignettes illustrating the difficulties women face in finding their identity. For more thought-provoking jams, check out TyRaid’s Intelligent Design street album, dropping soon via FamCo Clothing and 2WordsToTheTop.
Written by richard on 03/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royale with Cheese" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.