For young women of color, the pressure to conform to complex and often contradictory societal standards can make every day feel like an undercover mission. On inaugural mixtape leak The Bourne Identity, Booth newcomer RoQ’y TyRaid laces Jimmy Flight‘s understated boardwork with a series of lyrical vignettes illustrating the difficulties women face in finding their identity. For more thought-provoking jams, check out TyRaid’s Intelligent Design street album, dropping soon via FamCo Clothing and 2WordsToTheTop.
Written by richard on 03/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royale with Cheese" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)