For young women of color, the pressure to conform to complex and often contradictory societal standards can make every day feel like an undercover mission. On inaugural mixtape leak The Bourne Identity, Booth newcomer RoQ’y TyRaid laces Jimmy Flight‘s understated boardwork with a series of lyrical vignettes illustrating the difficulties women face in finding their identity. For more thought-provoking jams, check out TyRaid’s Intelligent Design street album, dropping soon via FamCo Clothing and 2WordsToTheTop.
Written by richard on 03/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royale with Cheese" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.