For young women of color, the pressure to conform to complex and often contradictory societal standards can make every day feel like an undercover mission. On inaugural mixtape leak The Bourne Identity, Booth newcomer RoQ’y TyRaid laces Jimmy Flight‘s understated boardwork with a series of lyrical vignettes illustrating the difficulties women face in finding their identity. For more thought-provoking jams, check out TyRaid’s Intelligent Design street album, dropping soon via FamCo Clothing and 2WordsToTheTop.
Written by richard on 03/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royale with Cheese" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.