For young women of color, the pressure to conform to complex and often contradictory societal standards can make every day feel like an undercover mission. On inaugural mixtape leak The Bourne Identity, Booth newcomer RoQ’y TyRaid laces Jimmy Flight‘s understated boardwork with a series of lyrical vignettes illustrating the difficulties women face in finding their identity. For more thought-provoking jams, check out TyRaid’s Intelligent Design street album, dropping soon via FamCo Clothing and 2WordsToTheTop.
Written by richard on 03/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royale with Cheese" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.