The last time The Roots put out a track with “2.0” in the title, it was my favorite record of 2003. Now, here in 2010, The Roots present us with the brand new single off their upcoming album, entitled Dear God 2.0. Dear God has a far different feeling compared with the aforementioned The Seed 2.0. If The Seed was the track played during the climax of a movie, Dear God 2.0 would played at the end of a tragic flick, after the death of the protagonist, all the buildings have collapsed and the “monster” has single-handedly ended civilization. Yeah, it’s that serious. With a verbal assault by Black Thought and drummer/modern day renaissance man ?uestlove handling the production, Dear God 2.0 also brings in Jim James and his band Monsters of Folk for some vocal duties and more. The long awaited How I Got Over - we actually featured the title track last July - is finally set to be released on June 22, featuring additional guest spots from Blu, John Legend, STS and more. The official countdown begins…
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/23/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"75 Bars (Black’s Reconstruction)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.