The last time The Roots put out a track with “2.0” in the title, it was my favorite record of 2003. Now, here in 2010, The Roots present us with the brand new single off their upcoming album, entitled Dear God 2.0. Dear God has a far different feeling compared with the aforementioned The Seed 2.0. If The Seed was the track played during the climax of a movie, Dear God 2.0 would played at the end of a tragic flick, after the death of the protagonist, all the buildings have collapsed and the “monster” has single-handedly ended civilization. Yeah, it’s that serious. With a verbal assault by Black Thought and drummer/modern day renaissance man ?uestlove handling the production, Dear God 2.0 also brings in Jim James and his band Monsters of Folk for some vocal duties and more. The long awaited How I Got Over - we actually featured the title track last July - is finally set to be released on June 22, featuring additional guest spots from Blu, John Legend, STS and more. The official countdown begins…
Listen to More: The Roots
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/23/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"75 Bars (Black’s Reconstruction)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.