The last time The Roots put out a track with “2.0” in the title, it was my favorite record of 2003. Now, here in 2010, The Roots present us with the brand new single off their upcoming album, entitled Dear God 2.0. Dear God has a far different feeling compared with the aforementioned The Seed 2.0. If The Seed was the track played during the climax of a movie, Dear God 2.0 would played at the end of a tragic flick, after the death of the protagonist, all the buildings have collapsed and the “monster” has single-handedly ended civilization. Yeah, it’s that serious. With a verbal assault by Black Thought and drummer/modern day renaissance man ?uestlove handling the production, Dear God 2.0 also brings in Jim James and his band Monsters of Folk for some vocal duties and more. The long awaited How I Got Over - we actually featured the title track last July - is finally set to be released on June 22, featuring additional guest spots from Blu, John Legend, STS and more. The official countdown begins…
Listen to More: The Roots Written by Ivan Ibarra
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"75 Bars (Black’s Reconstruction)" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.