Attention, shoppers: Booth newcomer Rone (not to be confused with Booth regular Rome) is “giving his lovin’ away,“ at rock-bottom prices, and supplies are going fast. Single number two off his forthcoming full-length, Giving My Love sees the Philly up-and-comer reflecting dolefully on relationship woes over a soulfully downbeat, keyboard-driven instrumental by Rick Friedrich (whose production and engineering was recently heard on The Roots’ undun LP). In an engaging, sung-rapped flow somewhat reminiscent of Booth favorite Outasight, Rone describes how his girl’s infidelity drove him to do a little philandering of his own. Two wrongs, however, don’t add up to a right, and the emcee’s dalliances only leave him lonely and jaded. On the back, he offers a cynical summary of modern romance: “Different girls, but it’s all the same sequence / circle each other and look for a weakness.” Has this downbeat yet catchy selection left your interest piqued? More eclectically fresh tunes await on debut full-length The First Story, coming soon via Dice Raw‘s Raw Life label.
Written by richard on 03/7/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Roadrunner " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.