Attention, shoppers: Booth newcomer Rone (not to be confused with Booth regular Rome) is “giving his lovin’ away,“ at rock-bottom prices, and supplies are going fast. Single number two off his forthcoming full-length, Giving My Love sees the Philly up-and-comer reflecting dolefully on relationship woes over a soulfully downbeat, keyboard-driven instrumental by Rick Friedrich (whose production and engineering was recently heard on The Roots’ undun LP). In an engaging, sung-rapped flow somewhat reminiscent of Booth favorite Outasight, Rone describes how his girl’s infidelity drove him to do a little philandering of his own. Two wrongs, however, don’t add up to a right, and the emcee’s dalliances only leave him lonely and jaded. On the back, he offers a cynical summary of modern romance: “Different girls, but it’s all the same sequence / circle each other and look for a weakness.” Has this downbeat yet catchy selection left your interest piqued? More eclectically fresh tunes await on debut full-length The First Story, coming soon via Dice Raw‘s Raw Life label.
Written by richard on 03/7/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Roadrunner " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.