Attention, shoppers: Booth newcomer Rone (not to be confused with Booth regular Rome) is “giving his lovin’ away,“ at rock-bottom prices, and supplies are going fast. Single number two off his forthcoming full-length, Giving My Love sees the Philly up-and-comer reflecting dolefully on relationship woes over a soulfully downbeat, keyboard-driven instrumental by Rick Friedrich (whose production and engineering was recently heard on The Roots’ undun LP). In an engaging, sung-rapped flow somewhat reminiscent of Booth favorite Outasight, Rone describes how his girl’s infidelity drove him to do a little philandering of his own. Two wrongs, however, don’t add up to a right, and the emcee’s dalliances only leave him lonely and jaded. On the back, he offers a cynical summary of modern romance: “Different girls, but it’s all the same sequence / circle each other and look for a weakness.” Has this downbeat yet catchy selection left your interest piqued? More eclectically fresh tunes await on debut full-length The First Story, coming soon via Dice Raw‘s Raw Life label.
Written by richard on 03/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Roadrunner " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.