Attention, shoppers: Booth newcomer Rone (not to be confused with Booth regular Rome) is “giving his lovin’ away,“ at rock-bottom prices, and supplies are going fast. Single number two off his forthcoming full-length, Giving My Love sees the Philly up-and-comer reflecting dolefully on relationship woes over a soulfully downbeat, keyboard-driven instrumental by Rick Friedrich (whose production and engineering was recently heard on The Roots’ undun LP). In an engaging, sung-rapped flow somewhat reminiscent of Booth favorite Outasight, Rone describes how his girl’s infidelity drove him to do a little philandering of his own. Two wrongs, however, don’t add up to a right, and the emcee’s dalliances only leave him lonely and jaded. On the back, he offers a cynical summary of modern romance: “Different girls, but it’s all the same sequence / circle each other and look for a weakness.” Has this downbeat yet catchy selection left your interest piqued? More eclectically fresh tunes await on debut full-length The First Story, coming soon via Dice Raw‘s Raw Life label.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.