Attention, shoppers: Booth newcomer Rone (not to be confused with Booth regular Rome) is “giving his lovin’ away,“ at rock-bottom prices, and supplies are going fast. Single number two off his forthcoming full-length, Giving My Love sees the Philly up-and-comer reflecting dolefully on relationship woes over a soulfully downbeat, keyboard-driven instrumental by Rick Friedrich (whose production and engineering was recently heard on The Roots’ undun LP). In an engaging, sung-rapped flow somewhat reminiscent of Booth favorite Outasight, Rone describes how his girl’s infidelity drove him to do a little philandering of his own. Two wrongs, however, don’t add up to a right, and the emcee’s dalliances only leave him lonely and jaded. On the back, he offers a cynical summary of modern romance: “Different girls, but it’s all the same sequence / circle each other and look for a weakness.” Has this downbeat yet catchy selection left your interest piqued? More eclectically fresh tunes await on debut full-length The First Story, coming soon via Dice Raw‘s Raw Life label.
Written by richard on 03/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Roadrunner " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.