In late ‘08, veteran producer Ron Browz emerged as a solo artist, buoyed by the success of Jim Jones’ remix of his independent hit, Pop Champagne, and his hook on Busta Rhymes’ Arab Money. When he tried Jumping [Out The Window] all on his lonesome, though, he crashed and burned, and the single’s poor performance put a halt to his plans for debut album EtherBoy. Today, Browz is back with a potential single that may be his best shot at crossover fame to date. On the newly-released cut, Browz and Keri Hilson admit that they’re just Simple folks, each looking for someone they can relate to. Though Juelz Santana scatters a few bars in the beginning and middle, the highlight (as always) is Ron’s beat; for the first time, I think he’s found one that mixes well with that crazy Autotune! Either way, Simple should have no trouble earning spins nationally, and its appeal is likely to earn EtherBoy a solid release date (look for it in early to mid-summer).
Written by Burmy on 04/19/09
Submit your Rating
Ether Boy Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop Champagne (Remix) ft. Jim Jones & Juelz Santana" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.