In late ‘08, veteran producer Ron Browz emerged as a solo artist, buoyed by the success of Jim Jones’ remix of his independent hit, Pop Champagne, and his hook on Busta Rhymes’ Arab Money. When he tried Jumping [Out The Window] all on his lonesome, though, he crashed and burned, and the single’s poor performance put a halt to his plans for debut album EtherBoy. Today, Browz is back with a potential single that may be his best shot at crossover fame to date. On the newly-released cut, Browz and Keri Hilson admit that they’re just Simple folks, each looking for someone they can relate to. Though Juelz Santana scatters a few bars in the beginning and middle, the highlight (as always) is Ron’s beat; for the first time, I think he’s found one that mixes well with that crazy Autotune! Either way, Simple should have no trouble earning spins nationally, and its appeal is likely to earn EtherBoy a solid release date (look for it in early to mid-summer).
Written by Burmy on 04/19/09
Submit your Rating
Ether Boy Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop Champagne (Remix) ft. Jim Jones & Juelz Santana" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.