In late ‘08, veteran producer Ron Browz emerged as a solo artist, buoyed by the success of Jim Jones’ remix of his independent hit, Pop Champagne, and his hook on Busta Rhymes’ Arab Money. When he tried Jumping [Out The Window] all on his lonesome, though, he crashed and burned, and the single’s poor performance put a halt to his plans for debut album EtherBoy. Today, Browz is back with a potential single that may be his best shot at crossover fame to date. On the newly-released cut, Browz and Keri Hilson admit that they’re just Simple folks, each looking for someone they can relate to. Though Juelz Santana scatters a few bars in the beginning and middle, the highlight (as always) is Ron’s beat; for the first time, I think he’s found one that mixes well with that crazy Autotune! Either way, Simple should have no trouble earning spins nationally, and its appeal is likely to earn EtherBoy a solid release date (look for it in early to mid-summer).
Written by Burmy on 04/19/09
Submit your Rating
Ether Boy Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop Champagne (Remix) ft. Jim Jones & Juelz Santana" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.