In late ‘08, veteran producer Ron Browz emerged as a solo artist, buoyed by the success of Jim Jones’ remix of his independent hit, Pop Champagne, and his hook on Busta Rhymes’ Arab Money. When he tried Jumping [Out The Window] all on his lonesome, though, he crashed and burned, and the single’s poor performance put a halt to his plans for debut album EtherBoy. Today, Browz is back with a potential single that may be his best shot at crossover fame to date. On the newly-released cut, Browz and Keri Hilson admit that they’re just Simple folks, each looking for someone they can relate to. Though Juelz Santana scatters a few bars in the beginning and middle, the highlight (as always) is Ron’s beat; for the first time, I think he’s found one that mixes well with that crazy Autotune! Either way, Simple should have no trouble earning spins nationally, and its appeal is likely to earn EtherBoy a solid release date (look for it in early to mid-summer).
Written by Burmy on 04/19/09
Submit your Rating
Ether Boy Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop Champagne (Remix) ft. Jim Jones & Juelz Santana" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.