In late ‘08, veteran producer Ron Browz emerged as a solo artist, buoyed by the success of Jim Jones’ remix of his independent hit, Pop Champagne, and his hook on Busta Rhymes’ Arab Money. When he tried Jumping [Out The Window] all on his lonesome, though, he crashed and burned, and the single’s poor performance put a halt to his plans for debut album EtherBoy. Today, Browz is back with a potential single that may be his best shot at crossover fame to date. On the newly-released cut, Browz and Keri Hilson admit that they’re just Simple folks, each looking for someone they can relate to. Though Juelz Santana scatters a few bars in the beginning and middle, the highlight (as always) is Ron’s beat; for the first time, I think he’s found one that mixes well with that crazy Autotune! Either way, Simple should have no trouble earning spins nationally, and its appeal is likely to earn EtherBoy a solid release date (look for it in early to mid-summer).
Written by Burmy on 04/19/09
Submit your Rating
Ether Boy Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop Champagne (Remix) ft. Jim Jones & Juelz Santana" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.