For much of 2008, the DJBooth has been filled with features, interview references, and news headlines in support of President-Elect Barack Obama. However, just because the election is over and Obama is set to be inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States in late January ‘09, doesn’t mean we won’t continue to feature new music in celebration of his landmark victory. Kicking off the celebratory festivities is Etherboy Ron Browz, who has (again) remixed his successful single Pop Champagne. Appropriately re-titled Barack Champagne, Browz teams up with his Arab Money partner, Busta Rhymes, and the two crack jokes that “mean no disrespect to either McCain or Palin.” If you like what you hear, expect much more from both artists next year; Browz and Rhymes recently signed deals with Universal Motown and will release their respective projects during Q1.
Written by Burmy on 11/6/08
Submit your Rating
Ether Boy Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop Champagne (Remix) ft. Jim Jones & Juelz Santana" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.