Just as I finished saying New York was coming back hard after that Joe Budden Remember the Titans joint, I get some new Ron Browz in my email. But all jokes aside, before I went to Jump Out the Window, I decided to give it a chance, and I am quite glad that I did. Browz, with the help of NY vet Jadakiss, has dropped a new single, 86 (off his unscheduled new album New Rules), that’s arguably his best song to date. Although it may not be a smash like Pop Champagne, I can definitely picture it on the radio. Some of the pros include Browz solid production work, which will fit the club and your trunk just fine. And while the sirens may remind you of some Chicken Noodle Soup ridiculousness, the beat still bounces pretty nice. While not a lot of folks want to hear Ron’s rapping, he’s both not horrible, nor is he in anyone’s Top 10 either. Overall, I think the record is pretty solid, especially with Jada’s guest verse, but what do you think? Hey, it’s Auto-Tune-free!
Written by JRTheWriter on 10/21/10
Submit your Rating
Ether Boy Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop Champagne (Remix) ft. Jim Jones & Juelz Santana" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.