While it may seem like Lebron James is the center of the current free agent frenzy, in truth the NBA is in a state of bedlam because of a different NBA entity; the Los Angeles Lakers. While every team is seemingly running in circles trying to top the Lake Show, Lakers’ small forward Ron Artest is basking in the championship glory with his newly remixed single, Champions (Remix). The production from Polow Da Don boasts the usual qualities - slow, synth and bass heavy sounds; throw in a typically auto-tuned hook from T-Pain and although it it sounds like an overused cliché at times, the song really isn’t that bad. And as for Ron Ron’s rhymes, well, they aren’t as painful as one fear: “I’m so Cassius Clay, I’m Tyson in his prime…I’m Barry Bonds with mine.” I can certainly think of a handful of rappers he could hold his own against. If anything, the song is just another victory lap for Lakers fans, plus a slap in the face to all the haters. And with Phil Jackson coming back? Maybe Ron can get Diddy on next year’s winning single.
Written by Jon Garcia on 07/5/10
Tru Warier Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.