West Coast hopeful R.O.M.E.‘s mood seems to have done a 180 since last summer, when he brought us the bleak and gritty (but highly Booth-acclaimed) Cryin’. In contrast, new single We Can’t Stop is about as upbeat as it gets, and that ‘s thanks in large part to producer Marquez, who serves up a groove borrowed from Naughty by Nature‘s party-rap classic, O.P.P. (itself sampled, of course, from the Jackson 5’s even more classic A.B.C.). R.O.M.E. matches the head-noddable twice-sampled groove on the lyrical tip, delivering bouncy braggadocio just as on-point as his more serious material, and Brooklyn native CurT@!n$ delivers a guest verse as jam-packed with freshness as his stage name is irritating to type out – and believe you me, that’s a lot of freshness. While R.O.M.E.‘s latest full-length, 2010 Season, has yet to receive a solid release date, I’ma hazard a guess that it will drop sometime before the year’s out. In any case, keep it locked for the latest!
Written by richard on 05/4/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Star Children ft. Mistah F.A.B." (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.