West Coast hopeful R.O.M.E.‘s mood seems to have done a 180 since last summer, when he brought us the bleak and gritty (but highly Booth-acclaimed) Cryin’. In contrast, new single We Can’t Stop is about as upbeat as it gets, and that ‘s thanks in large part to producer Marquez, who serves up a groove borrowed from Naughty by Nature‘s party-rap classic, O.P.P. (itself sampled, of course, from the Jackson 5’s even more classic A.B.C.). R.O.M.E. matches the head-noddable twice-sampled groove on the lyrical tip, delivering bouncy braggadocio just as on-point as his more serious material, and Brooklyn native CurT@!n$ delivers a guest verse as jam-packed with freshness as his stage name is irritating to type out – and believe you me, that’s a lot of freshness. While R.O.M.E.‘s latest full-length, 2010 Season, has yet to receive a solid release date, I’ma hazard a guess that it will drop sometime before the year’s out. In any case, keep it locked for the latest!
Written by richard on 05/4/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Star Children ft. Mistah F.A.B." (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.