West Coast hopeful R.O.M.E.‘s mood seems to have done a 180 since last summer, when he brought us the bleak and gritty (but highly Booth-acclaimed) Cryin’. In contrast, new single We Can’t Stop is about as upbeat as it gets, and that ‘s thanks in large part to producer Marquez, who serves up a groove borrowed from Naughty by Nature‘s party-rap classic, O.P.P. (itself sampled, of course, from the Jackson 5’s even more classic A.B.C.). R.O.M.E. matches the head-noddable twice-sampled groove on the lyrical tip, delivering bouncy braggadocio just as on-point as his more serious material, and Brooklyn native CurT@!n$ delivers a guest verse as jam-packed with freshness as his stage name is irritating to type out – and believe you me, that’s a lot of freshness. While R.O.M.E.‘s latest full-length, 2010 Season, has yet to receive a solid release date, I’ma hazard a guess that it will drop sometime before the year’s out. In any case, keep it locked for the latest!
Written by richard on 05/4/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Star Children ft. Mistah F.A.B." (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.