West Coast hopeful R.O.M.E.‘s mood seems to have done a 180 since last summer, when he brought us the bleak and gritty (but highly Booth-acclaimed) Cryin’. In contrast, new single We Can’t Stop is about as upbeat as it gets, and that ‘s thanks in large part to producer Marquez, who serves up a groove borrowed from Naughty by Nature‘s party-rap classic, O.P.P. (itself sampled, of course, from the Jackson 5’s even more classic A.B.C.). R.O.M.E. matches the head-noddable twice-sampled groove on the lyrical tip, delivering bouncy braggadocio just as on-point as his more serious material, and Brooklyn native CurT@!n$ delivers a guest verse as jam-packed with freshness as his stage name is irritating to type out – and believe you me, that’s a lot of freshness. While R.O.M.E.‘s latest full-length, 2010 Season, has yet to receive a solid release date, I’ma hazard a guess that it will drop sometime before the year’s out. In any case, keep it locked for the latest!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Star Children ft. Mistah F.A.B." (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.