You Want War? Well, step to Rome Clientel and that’s exactly what you’re gonna get. On the latest song release off his forthcoming EP, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the Elmira, N.Y. rhymesayer dons his armor and rides into battle against the forces of wackness, determined to cut down every lame who crosses his path. Though lyrical aggression is the order of the day, Rome displays characteristic verbal ingenuity over Parks’ martial rhythms, admitting, “The 7up and Absolut has got me feelin’ like a jump without a parachute.” and describing himself as a, “cross between some Listerine and Mr. Clean.” If this bellicose banger’s left you craving more, don’t miss the rest of the hard-hitting material in store on Rome Clientel’s DJBooth-hosted The Empire 2: The Battlegrounds EP, set to hit our front page Tuesday, October 16, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 10/11/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.