You Want War? Well, step to Rome Clientel and that’s exactly what you’re gonna get. On the latest song release off his forthcoming EP, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the Elmira, N.Y. rhymesayer dons his armor and rides into battle against the forces of wackness, determined to cut down every lame who crosses his path. Though lyrical aggression is the order of the day, Rome displays characteristic verbal ingenuity over Parks’ martial rhythms, admitting, “The 7up and Absolut has got me feelin’ like a jump without a parachute.” and describing himself as a, “cross between some Listerine and Mr. Clean.” If this bellicose banger’s left you craving more, don’t miss the rest of the hard-hitting material in store on Rome Clientel’s DJBooth-hosted The Empire 2: The Battlegrounds EP, set to hit our front page Tuesday, October 16, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 10/11/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.