Inspired by Drake‘s use of the phrase in 2011 single The Motto, young music-lovers have taken to shouting ”YOLO!” (“You Only Live Once”) whenever they’re about to do something potentially stupid or life-threatening. Though the title of Rome Clientel‘s latest single, making its world premiere on our front page, bears an almost identical meaning, the denotation could hardly be more different; rather than a reason to jump off your mom’s roof or knock back 21 shots on your birthday (Seriously, don’t do either of those things.), “One Life to Live” serves as a reminder to work hard and develop your talents to the fullest, lest you depart with unfulfilled goals and regrets. Over ATG flip of ‘70s soul classic Flaming Ember (by Mind, Body & Soul), the NYC spitter describes how his knowledge of mortality has only driven him to hustle more diligently to achieve his dreams. Booth fave REKS spits about his own lifelong love affair with hip-hop on the back end. Fans will be able to find this motivational banger and much more on Clientel’s The Empire 2: The Battleground EP, set to drop October 16, via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.