Elmira, New York emcee Rome Clientel may be new to our pages, but that doesn’t mean the DJBooth rookie isn’t putting in work. The upstate lyricist, who has worked with the likes of Skyzoo and Just Blaze, is currently preparing for the fall release of his The Empire: The Battlegrounds EP, and his latest song release, titled Free, serves as an accurate sample of what listeners should expect on the project. Described as a “potent rallying cry,” Free touches on a series of critical topics which mostly relate to the United States’ unstable economy. Backing the spitter on the production end is ATG, who adds a nice dose of soul to the record thanks to his use of sampling. A specific release date for Clientel’s The Empire: The Battlegrounds EP has yet to be revealed, but the project is due out sometime between late October and early November.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Timeless Classic" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.