Elmira, New York emcee Rome Clientel may be new to our pages, but that doesn’t mean the DJBooth rookie isn’t putting in work. The upstate lyricist, who has worked with the likes of Skyzoo and Just Blaze, is currently preparing for the fall release of his The Empire: The Battlegrounds EP, and his latest song release, titled Free, serves as an accurate sample of what listeners should expect on the project. Described as a “potent rallying cry,” Free touches on a series of critical topics which mostly relate to the United States’ unstable economy. Backing the spitter on the production end is ATG, who adds a nice dose of soul to the record thanks to his use of sampling. A specific release date for Clientel’s The Empire: The Battlegrounds EP has yet to be revealed, but the project is due out sometime between late October and early November.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Timeless Classic" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.