Elmira, New York emcee Rome Clientel may be new to our pages, but that doesn’t mean the DJBooth rookie isn’t putting in work. The upstate lyricist, who has worked with the likes of Skyzoo and Just Blaze, is currently preparing for the fall release of his The Empire: The Battlegrounds EP, and his latest song release, titled Free, serves as an accurate sample of what listeners should expect on the project. Described as a “potent rallying cry,” Free touches on a series of critical topics which mostly relate to the United States’ unstable economy. Backing the spitter on the production end is ATG, who adds a nice dose of soul to the record thanks to his use of sampling. A specific release date for Clientel’s The Empire: The Battlegrounds EP has yet to be revealed, but the project is due out sometime between late October and early November.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Timeless Classic" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.