Elmira, New York emcee Rome Clientel may be new to our pages, but that doesn’t mean the DJBooth rookie isn’t putting in work. The upstate lyricist, who has worked with the likes of Skyzoo and Just Blaze, is currently preparing for the fall release of his The Empire: The Battlegrounds EP, and his latest song release, titled Free, serves as an accurate sample of what listeners should expect on the project. Described as a “potent rallying cry,” Free touches on a series of critical topics which mostly relate to the United States’ unstable economy. Backing the spitter on the production end is ATG, who adds a nice dose of soul to the record thanks to his use of sampling. A specific release date for Clientel’s The Empire: The Battlegrounds EP has yet to be revealed, but the project is due out sometime between late October and early November.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Timeless Classic" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.