Elmira, New York emcee Rome Clientel may be new to our pages, but that doesn’t mean the DJBooth rookie isn’t putting in work. The upstate lyricist, who has worked with the likes of Skyzoo and Just Blaze, is currently preparing for the fall release of his The Empire: The Battlegrounds EP, and his latest song release, titled Free, serves as an accurate sample of what listeners should expect on the project. Described as a “potent rallying cry,” Free touches on a series of critical topics which mostly relate to the United States’ unstable economy. Backing the spitter on the production end is ATG, who adds a nice dose of soul to the record thanks to his use of sampling. A specific release date for Clientel’s The Empire: The Battlegrounds EP has yet to be revealed, but the project is due out sometime between late October and early November.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/10/12
Fiercely independent New York emcee Rome Clientel has released his new 10-track EP, The Empire 2: The Battlegrounds EP. Featuring standout singles "Free," "One Life to Live" and "You Want War," in addition to rhymes from...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Timeless Classic" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.