As the cliché goes, birds of a feather flock together. So it should be no surprise to see Rome Clientel flanked by two upper-echelon East Coast lyricists on his latest single, the aptly-titled Champions. DJ Concept sets a fittingly victorious mood on the production tip, layering brass fanfare over boom-bap percussion as Rome, Realm Reality and Skyzoo showcase the mic skills that set them apart from the pack. On the hook, Concept jumps behind the wheels of steels to scratch on samples of Jay Z, D.I.T.C. and more. Though everyone involved is a winner, the question remains: which of these elite emcees spit the standout 16? Whoever you select as the Grand Champion of this cut, you can look forward to more hot beats and high-caliber bars on Rome’s next street album, The Empire 3: Coronation. The finale to a mixtape trilogy launched in 2012, the project is scheduled to drop digitally October 14.
Written by richard on 09/25/13
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.