As the cliché goes, birds of a feather flock together. So it should be no surprise to see Rome Clientel flanked by two upper-echelon East Coast lyricists on his latest single, the aptly-titled Champions. DJ Concept sets a fittingly victorious mood on the production tip, layering brass fanfare over boom-bap percussion as Rome, Realm Reality and Skyzoo showcase the mic skills that set them apart from the pack. On the hook, Concept jumps behind the wheels of steels to scratch on samples of Jay Z, D.I.T.C. and more. Though everyone involved is a winner, the question remains: which of these elite emcees spit the standout 16? Whoever you select as the Grand Champion of this cut, you can look forward to more hot beats and high-caliber bars on Rome’s next street album, The Empire 3: Coronation. The finale to a mixtape trilogy launched in 2012, the project is scheduled to drop digitally October 14.
Written by richard on 09/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.