Some of the greatest athletes of all-time had the biggest mouths—Muhammad Ali, Deion Sanders, Charles Barkley. He may not be the greatest boxer to put on gloves, but Seattle’s Romaro Franceswa can talk up a mighty storm. On his new single The Big Payback, the Yuk The World (see: Dyme Def) emcee drops knowledge on all of his competitors like a textbook fell out of his pocket. He takes a page out of James Brown’s book and rewrites it, becoming the “Hardest Smack Talking, Not Working, Man In Show Business.” But don’t take him for a slouch. Romaro will still put in that work on the mic. While producer BeanOne also channels his inner James Brown to add his flavor to his classic record, director Johan Liedgren channels his inner Guy Ritchie by throwing in dirty nuns, loud personalities who wear fur, and a lot of money exchanges, all set against the plot of an uneven boxing match. The Big Payback is featured on Romaro’s Black King LP, which dropped last July.
Written by Bryan H on 05/1/14
Submit your Rating
Yuk The World
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.