In one of the most famous lines of his magnum opus, “Song of Myself,” the great American poet Walt Whitman announces, “I am large, I contain multitudes.” Those lines could just as easily have been written about Rhode Island rhymesayer Roger, who reveals on new video single F**k a Feature (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) that he’s had at least two other rappers trapped inside his body all along, just waiting for their opportunity to rock the mic. Frequent Jon Hope collaborator LJC handles production duties, serving up a leisurely keyboard loop to back the artist formerly known as Mista Mista as he debuts a couple of his alter egos: one a lyrical bruiser with a diabolical, baritone flow à la Tyler the Creator and the other a reedy Southern spitter. On the back, he transforms back into the rapper we know and love to offer a few final thoughts on the state of the industry. Though Nice Guys Finish Last still lacks a drop date, those impressed by this schizoid banger can click here to peep its official visuals, directed by John Greene of GREENE FILMS.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All In" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)