In one of the most famous lines of his magnum opus, “Song of Myself,” the great American poet Walt Whitman announces, “I am large, I contain multitudes.” Those lines could just as easily have been written about Rhode Island rhymesayer Roger, who reveals on new video single F**k a Feature (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) that he’s had at least two other rappers trapped inside his body all along, just waiting for their opportunity to rock the mic. Frequent Jon Hope collaborator LJC handles production duties, serving up a leisurely keyboard loop to back the artist formerly known as Mista Mista as he debuts a couple of his alter egos: one a lyrical bruiser with a diabolical, baritone flow à la Tyler the Creator and the other a reedy Southern spitter. On the back, he transforms back into the rapper we know and love to offer a few final thoughts on the state of the industry. Though Nice Guys Finish Last still lacks a drop date, those impressed by this schizoid banger can click here to peep its official visuals, directed by John Greene of GREENE FILMS.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All In" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.