In one of the most famous lines of his magnum opus, “Song of Myself,” the great American poet Walt Whitman announces, “I am large, I contain multitudes.” Those lines could just as easily have been written about Rhode Island rhymesayer Roger, who reveals on new video single F**k a Feature (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) that he’s had at least two other rappers trapped inside his body all along, just waiting for their opportunity to rock the mic. Frequent Jon Hope collaborator LJC handles production duties, serving up a leisurely keyboard loop to back the artist formerly known as Mista Mista as he debuts a couple of his alter egos: one a lyrical bruiser with a diabolical, baritone flow à la Tyler the Creator and the other a reedy Southern spitter. On the back, he transforms back into the rapper we know and love to offer a few final thoughts on the state of the industry. Though Nice Guys Finish Last still lacks a drop date, those impressed by this schizoid banger can click here to peep its official visuals, directed by John Greene of GREENE FILMS.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All In" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.