In one of the most famous lines of his magnum opus, “Song of Myself,” the great American poet Walt Whitman announces, “I am large, I contain multitudes.” Those lines could just as easily have been written about Rhode Island rhymesayer Roger, who reveals on new video single F**k a Feature (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) that he’s had at least two other rappers trapped inside his body all along, just waiting for their opportunity to rock the mic. Frequent Jon Hope collaborator LJC handles production duties, serving up a leisurely keyboard loop to back the artist formerly known as Mista Mista as he debuts a couple of his alter egos: one a lyrical bruiser with a diabolical, baritone flow à la Tyler the Creator and the other a reedy Southern spitter. On the back, he transforms back into the rapper we know and love to offer a few final thoughts on the state of the industry. Though Nice Guys Finish Last still lacks a drop date, those impressed by this schizoid banger can click here to peep its official visuals, directed by John Greene of GREENE FILMS.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Providence, Rhode Island rap buzzmaker ROGER has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his digital debut album, Listen to Roger. The project packs a total of 12 original tracks from the up-and-coming rhymesayer,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All In" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.