The 248th entry in our Exclusive Freestyle Series comes courtesy of R.O.E., the Chitown emcee who earned reader approval for Revive and The Gloves (No Quit). On his brand new, exclusive History freestyle, the Soulville Recordings emcee flows over a J. Dilla-produced beat originally featured on Mos Def and Talib Kweli‘s cut of the same title. R.O.E. is currently busy promoting his debut EP, A Backpacker Named R.O.E., as well as preparing to release videos for several tracks off the project. In addition, the artist is working on a forthcoming, yet-untitled full-length.
Written by richard on 06/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Gloves (No Quit)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.