The 248th entry in our Exclusive Freestyle Series comes courtesy of R.O.E., the Chitown emcee who earned reader approval for Revive and The Gloves (No Quit). On his brand new, exclusive History freestyle, the Soulville Recordings emcee flows over a J. Dilla-produced beat originally featured on Mos Def and Talib Kweli‘s cut of the same title. R.O.E. is currently busy promoting his debut EP, A Backpacker Named R.O.E., as well as preparing to release videos for several tracks off the project. In addition, the artist is working on a forthcoming, yet-untitled full-length.
Written by richard on 06/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Gloves (No Quit)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.