After 12 long years away from the game, the duo behind Everlasting Bass and You Don’t Hear Me Tho have returned to set speakers a-bumping once again. The lead single off Rodney O & Joe Cooley forthcoming comeback LP, That’s Supa finds Rodney serving up a retro-informed bass-percussion backdrop for their braggadocios, party-ready rhymes. Joe completes the record’s vintage vibe with some authentic scratches on the hook. Those left craving more material from the long-absent vets should keep it locked for all the latest on their Joe & Me EP, currently set for release in late 2011.
Written by richard on 06/10/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.