Big Apple producer Rodney Hazard describes his next solo set as a “stylish drama” in the “film noir” style, “emphasizing… sexual motivations” and “describing a dreamlike royalty.” Clear as mud, right? Rather than sizing up the project based on that enticing, yet baffling summary, you’d be better off simply taking a listen to Kings, the latest song release off the LP. Here, off-balance percussion collides with pitched-down vocal and instrumental samples to form an atmospheric groove with an uncanny, enigmatic feel. Now that you’ve gotten a taste, are you craving more? You’ll find this joint, five additional beats and two cuts featuring vocals on Crown(s), presented by Ephin and due out Wednesday, July 10. While you wait, you can always take a listen to This Is My Rifle, the producer’s Booth-hosted collaborative LP with Vancouver emcee Jason James.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.