Big Apple producer Rodney Hazard describes his next solo set as a “stylish drama” in the “film noir” style, “emphasizing… sexual motivations” and “describing a dreamlike royalty.” Clear as mud, right? Rather than sizing up the project based on that enticing, yet baffling summary, you’d be better off simply taking a listen to Kings, the latest song release off the LP. Here, off-balance percussion collides with pitched-down vocal and instrumental samples to form an atmospheric groove with an uncanny, enigmatic feel. Now that you’ve gotten a taste, are you craving more? You’ll find this joint, five additional beats and two cuts featuring vocals on Crown(s), presented by Ephin and due out Wednesday, July 10. While you wait, you can always take a listen to This Is My Rifle, the producer’s Booth-hosted collaborative LP with Vancouver emcee Jason James.
Written by richard on 07/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.