Big Apple producer Rodney Hazard describes his next solo set as a “stylish drama” in the “film noir” style, “emphasizing… sexual motivations” and “describing a dreamlike royalty.” Clear as mud, right? Rather than sizing up the project based on that enticing, yet baffling summary, you’d be better off simply taking a listen to Kings, the latest song release off the LP. Here, off-balance percussion collides with pitched-down vocal and instrumental samples to form an atmospheric groove with an uncanny, enigmatic feel. Now that you’ve gotten a taste, are you craving more? You’ll find this joint, five additional beats and two cuts featuring vocals on Crown(s), presented by Ephin and due out Wednesday, July 10. While you wait, you can always take a listen to This Is My Rifle, the producer’s Booth-hosted collaborative LP with Vancouver emcee Jason James.
Written by richard on 07/7/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.