Big Apple producer Rodney Hazard describes his next solo set as a “stylish drama” in the “film noir” style, “emphasizing… sexual motivations” and “describing a dreamlike royalty.” Clear as mud, right? Rather than sizing up the project based on that enticing, yet baffling summary, you’d be better off simply taking a listen to Kings, the latest song release off the LP. Here, off-balance percussion collides with pitched-down vocal and instrumental samples to form an atmospheric groove with an uncanny, enigmatic feel. Now that you’ve gotten a taste, are you craving more? You’ll find this joint, five additional beats and two cuts featuring vocals on Crown(s), presented by Ephin and due out Wednesday, July 10. While you wait, you can always take a listen to This Is My Rifle, the producer’s Booth-hosted collaborative LP with Vancouver emcee Jason James.
Written by richard on 07/7/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.