We have all been involved in a debate or two over the years, on the current status of New York’s hip hop scene. Some artists have drifted from the legendary east coast sound and have become household names (i.e. A$AP Rocky, Nicki Minaj), but on the contrary artists like Joey BadA$$ and Action Bronson have embraced the city and are well on their way to stardom. Rightfully so, rap duo Hazardous Raisins (producer/emcee Rodney Hazard and emcee Raisin Brand) has chosen to uphold the traditional NY rap torch with the lyrically savvy Eyes. The duo-produced record sets the tone for both emcees, who both spit about slowly changing from their initial selves. The group’s first “official” single GimmieThis is set for release March 6, followed shortly thereafter by their album, HZRDS RSNS. Be sure to check back with The DJBooth in the weeks to come for additional updates.
Written by Joven Haye on 02/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimmie This" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.