We have all been involved in a debate or two over the years, on the current status of New York’s hip hop scene. Some artists have drifted from the legendary east coast sound and have become household names (i.e. A$AP Rocky, Nicki Minaj), but on the contrary artists like Joey BadA$$ and Action Bronson have embraced the city and are well on their way to stardom. Rightfully so, rap duo Hazardous Raisins (producer/emcee Rodney Hazard and emcee Raisin Brand) has chosen to uphold the traditional NY rap torch with the lyrically savvy Eyes. The duo-produced record sets the tone for both emcees, who both spit about slowly changing from their initial selves. The group’s first “official” single GimmieThis is set for release March 6, followed shortly thereafter by their album, HZRDS RSNS. Be sure to check back with The DJBooth in the weeks to come for additional updates.
Written by Joven Haye on 02/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimmie This" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)