We have all been involved in a debate or two over the years, on the current status of New York’s hip hop scene. Some artists have drifted from the legendary east coast sound and have become household names (i.e. A$AP Rocky, Nicki Minaj), but on the contrary artists like Joey BadA$$ and Action Bronson have embraced the city and are well on their way to stardom. Rightfully so, rap duo Hazardous Raisins (producer/emcee Rodney Hazard and emcee Raisin Brand) has chosen to uphold the traditional NY rap torch with the lyrically savvy Eyes. The duo-produced record sets the tone for both emcees, who both spit about slowly changing from their initial selves. The group’s first “official” single GimmieThis is set for release March 6, followed shortly thereafter by their album, HZRDS RSNS. Be sure to check back with The DJBooth in the weeks to come for additional updates.
Written by Joven Haye on 02/13/13
Producer/emcee Rodney Hazard and emcee Raisin Brand, together known as Hazardous Raisins, are proud to present their new album, HZRD RSNS. Over the fourteen track project the duo showcase an intensely unique style that...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimmie This" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)