We have all been involved in a debate or two over the years, on the current status of New York’s hip hop scene. Some artists have drifted from the legendary east coast sound and have become household names (i.e. A$AP Rocky, Nicki Minaj), but on the contrary artists like Joey BadA$$ and Action Bronson have embraced the city and are well on their way to stardom. Rightfully so, rap duo Hazardous Raisins (producer/emcee Rodney Hazard and emcee Raisin Brand) has chosen to uphold the traditional NY rap torch with the lyrically savvy Eyes. The duo-produced record sets the tone for both emcees, who both spit about slowly changing from their initial selves. The group’s first “official” single GimmieThis is set for release March 6, followed shortly thereafter by their album, HZRDS RSNS. Be sure to check back with The DJBooth in the weeks to come for additional updates.
Written by Joven Haye on 02/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimmie This" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.