Sometimes, while glancing away from my computer at work, I look out the window overlooking the expressway and just stare. Literally stare. Those daydreams consist of roaming around and not having to go to a job or the days of college when clocking in and out seemed a million years away. While I dream of going back in time, Rocky Rivera used to Daydream of rocking stages, as she expresses on her first DJBooth feature; a feeling she seems to have shared with her feature artist, Nitty Scott, MC (of Cassette Chronicles fame). Over Exile’s soulful production (which Blu originally rocked on In Remembrance of Me in 2008), Rocky and Nitty discuss their attraction for Hip Hop which began as a crush and blossomed into a full-fledged love affair. If you’re looking for more from Rocky, her Pop Killer Mixtape drops June 6 - don’t sleep.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 06/3/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.