Sometimes, while glancing away from my computer at work, I look out the window overlooking the expressway and just stare. Literally stare. Those daydreams consist of roaming around and not having to go to a job or the days of college when clocking in and out seemed a million years away. While I dream of going back in time, Rocky Rivera used to Daydream of rocking stages, as she expresses on her first DJBooth feature; a feeling she seems to have shared with her feature artist, Nitty Scott, MC (of Cassette Chronicles fame). Over Exile’s soulful production (which Blu originally rocked on In Remembrance of Me in 2008), Rocky and Nitty discuss their attraction for Hip Hop which began as a crush and blossomed into a full-fledged love affair. If you’re looking for more from Rocky, her Pop Killer Mixtape drops June 6 - don’t sleep.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 06/3/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.