Sometimes, while glancing away from my computer at work, I look out the window overlooking the expressway and just stare. Literally stare. Those daydreams consist of roaming around and not having to go to a job or the days of college when clocking in and out seemed a million years away. While I dream of going back in time, Rocky Rivera used to Daydream of rocking stages, as she expresses on her first DJBooth feature; a feeling she seems to have shared with her feature artist, Nitty Scott, MC (of Cassette Chronicles fame). Over Exile’s soulful production (which Blu originally rocked on In Remembrance of Me in 2008), Rocky and Nitty discuss their attraction for Hip Hop which began as a crush and blossomed into a full-fledged love affair. If you’re looking for more from Rocky, her Pop Killer Mixtape drops June 6 - don’t sleep.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 06/3/11
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.