Freestyle alum Rocky Fontaine’s new offering Things You Do is an urban flip of Minnie Riperton’s classic 1980 hit Here We Go, and the first release off of his new series, FontaineFridays. Alongside producer Sledgeren’s stuttering drums and old school guitar licks, Fontaine flows about living it up as one of Philly’s rising talents. The young emcees shows off his cocky-cool delivery while he crafts two verses boasting of his sometimes over-the-top luxurious lifestyle: “ Uhh life is beautiful / In the studio with a model cleaning my cuticles.” This is definitely a busy record; between Sledgren’s stammering percussion and Fontaine’s 78 different ad lib voices in the background, there is certainly no shortage of aural consumption. On the flip side, the Minni Riperton sample is dope, contributing perfectly to Fontaine’s chilled out demeanor. But I’ll save my personal opinion - as always the Booth will hash it out in the comments below. Those who enjoyed the money-waving, pedicure-getting Fontaine should follow his new weekly series FontaineFridays and look out for his upcoming project, DopeBoy.
Written by CourtlandHH on 04/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Once Again It's On ft. Beanie Sigel" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.