Freestyle alum Rocky Fontaine’s new offering Things You Do is an urban flip of Minnie Riperton’s classic 1980 hit Here We Go, and the first release off of his new series, FontaineFridays. Alongside producer Sledgeren’s stuttering drums and old school guitar licks, Fontaine flows about living it up as one of Philly’s rising talents. The young emcees shows off his cocky-cool delivery while he crafts two verses boasting of his sometimes over-the-top luxurious lifestyle: “ Uhh life is beautiful / In the studio with a model cleaning my cuticles.” This is definitely a busy record; between Sledgren’s stammering percussion and Fontaine’s 78 different ad lib voices in the background, there is certainly no shortage of aural consumption. On the flip side, the Minni Riperton sample is dope, contributing perfectly to Fontaine’s chilled out demeanor. But I’ll save my personal opinion - as always the Booth will hash it out in the comments below. Those who enjoyed the money-waving, pedicure-getting Fontaine should follow his new weekly series FontaineFridays and look out for his upcoming project, DopeBoy.
Written by CourtlandHH on 04/18/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Once Again It's On ft. Beanie Sigel" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.