If Rocky Fontaine‘s extended absence from our front page had you worried that the Philadelphia rapper would Stay Gone, worry no longer; today, the up-and-comer makes his triumphant return with the world premiere of the inaugural leak off his latest street album. Here, producer Johnny Juliano‘s serves up a bombastic blend of synths, sweeping strings and piano trills as the man who brought us exclusive freestyle Philly Up Next fills us in on what he’s been up to: mainly, getting really, really (really, really, etc….) high and representing his hood all over the globe. The concept is pretty much self-explanatory, but Rocky Fontaine’s engaging brand of blunted braggadocio makes for a track sure to appeal to (in the artist’s own words), “bad b*tches and fly n*ggas of all races who love that real sh*t.” And, yeah, getting wasted certainly wouldn’t hurt. Those digging this track won’t have to wait much longer to hear more fresh new material from the up-and-comer – Rocky’s latest mixtape, Every Man for Himself, is set to hit the ‘net next Monday, April 5.
Written by richard on 03/29/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Once Again It's On ft. Beanie Sigel" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.