If Rocky Fontaine‘s extended absence from our front page had you worried that the Philadelphia rapper would Stay Gone, worry no longer; today, the up-and-comer makes his triumphant return with the world premiere of the inaugural leak off his latest street album. Here, producer Johnny Juliano‘s serves up a bombastic blend of synths, sweeping strings and piano trills as the man who brought us exclusive freestyle Philly Up Next fills us in on what he’s been up to: mainly, getting really, really (really, really, etc….) high and representing his hood all over the globe. The concept is pretty much self-explanatory, but Rocky Fontaine’s engaging brand of blunted braggadocio makes for a track sure to appeal to (in the artist’s own words), “bad b*tches and fly n*ggas of all races who love that real sh*t.” And, yeah, getting wasted certainly wouldn’t hurt. Those digging this track won’t have to wait much longer to hear more fresh new material from the up-and-comer – Rocky’s latest mixtape, Every Man for Himself, is set to hit the ‘net next Monday, April 5.
Written by richard on 03/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Once Again It's On ft. Beanie Sigel" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.