Over the past year, Rocky Fontaine has been busy positioning himself as Philadelphia’s next big thing, impressing listeners here and elsewhere with several stellar street singles (Once Again It’s On, Best in the City, Say Yeah) and even dropping by for a Booth-exclusive freestyle, Philly Up Next. Now, Rocky’s swinging for the fences with one of his most crowd-pleasing singles yet. Trust me when I say that Love Me Baby has all the makings of a feel-good summer anthem: Rocky comes with plenty of “pop-rap” appeal over a Bellz-produced beat sure to elicit comparisons to quite a few big-name producers, and Philly homegirl Jazmine Sullivan lends the cut some major appeal with a melodic alto hook. Any industry execs lurking on the Booth (we know you’re out there), may want to start placing their bids now—there’s always the possibility that this single could catapult Fontaine to hitmaker status just as Birthday Sex did longtime reader favorite Jeremih.
Written by Burmy on 06/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Once Again It's On ft. Beanie Sigel" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.