Over the past year, Rocky Fontaine has been busy positioning himself as Philadelphia’s next big thing, impressing listeners here and elsewhere with several stellar street singles (Once Again It’s On, Best in the City, Say Yeah) and even dropping by for a Booth-exclusive freestyle, Philly Up Next. Now, Rocky’s swinging for the fences with one of his most crowd-pleasing singles yet. Trust me when I say that Love Me Baby has all the makings of a feel-good summer anthem: Rocky comes with plenty of “pop-rap” appeal over a Bellz-produced beat sure to elicit comparisons to quite a few big-name producers, and Philly homegirl Jazmine Sullivan lends the cut some major appeal with a melodic alto hook. Any industry execs lurking on the Booth (we know you’re out there), may want to start placing their bids now—there’s always the possibility that this single could catapult Fontaine to hitmaker status just as Birthday Sex did longtime reader favorite Jeremih.
Written by Burmy on 06/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Once Again It's On ft. Beanie Sigel" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.