Are you DOWN to listen to some gritty, soulful hip-hop music? I’mma go ahead and assume you answered “yes”—this is The DJBooth, after all. Rocky Diamonds‘s first feature since dropping his Marckus Shaw EP in January, this mixtape inclusion finds the Minneapolis native and recent Zone 4/Epic signee outlining his philosophy on the hustle in forceful, self-assured verses. Clearly not afraid of a little competition, he urges others to follow his example on the record’s chorus: “I ain’t a hood n**ga, I’m what hood n*ggas should be.” Behind the boards, Feb 9 sets a quietly determined mood, pairing muted vocal samples with tense keys and a dogged percussion rhythm. This hustle anthem is just one of many quality jams slated to appear on Rocky’s Loner mixtape. Keep your browsers locked for the latest on the project, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 04/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.