Are you DOWN to listen to some gritty, soulful hip-hop music? I’mma go ahead and assume you answered “yes”—this is The DJBooth, after all. Rocky Diamonds‘s first feature since dropping his Marckus Shaw EP in January, this mixtape inclusion finds the Minneapolis native and recent Zone 4/Epic signee outlining his philosophy on the hustle in forceful, self-assured verses. Clearly not afraid of a little competition, he urges others to follow his example on the record’s chorus: “I ain’t a hood n**ga, I’m what hood n*ggas should be.” Behind the boards, Feb 9 sets a quietly determined mood, pairing muted vocal samples with tense keys and a dogged percussion rhythm. This hustle anthem is just one of many quality jams slated to appear on Rocky’s Loner mixtape. Keep your browsers locked for the latest on the project, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 04/14/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)