Are you DOWN to listen to some gritty, soulful hip-hop music? I’mma go ahead and assume you answered “yes”—this is The DJBooth, after all. Rocky Diamonds‘s first feature since dropping his Marckus Shaw EP in January, this mixtape inclusion finds the Minneapolis native and recent Zone 4/Epic signee outlining his philosophy on the hustle in forceful, self-assured verses. Clearly not afraid of a little competition, he urges others to follow his example on the record’s chorus: “I ain’t a hood n**ga, I’m what hood n*ggas should be.” Behind the boards, Feb 9 sets a quietly determined mood, pairing muted vocal samples with tense keys and a dogged percussion rhythm. This hustle anthem is just one of many quality jams slated to appear on Rocky’s Loner mixtape. Keep your browsers locked for the latest on the project, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 04/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.