If you have ever spent any time in a church or in Sunday school, you’ve more than likely heard how God created the world in six days and used the seventh for rest. Although he is not the creator of the hip-hop world, Minneapolis native Rocky Diamonds shares this same belief on his latest single, Day One. Diamonds did not create the Earth or anything, but he has been keeping it real from the day he was born. To accentuate his claims, the emcee employs a slurred, yet slightly aggressive flow as he retraces his steps. This approach is complimented nicely by the leaning boardwork of producer J. Classic, who concocts a track built around trap influences with a swaying, ever-so-slight southern splash. Will you be counting the days until Diamonds’ upcoming project, Artoffical, drops this spring, or were you left wanting more? Share your thoughts and ratings in the comments section below.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Rocky’s Miguel Lozano and Half Awake Clothing-directed Day One visuals.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/26/13
Minneapolis emcee Rocky Diamonds has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners an exclusive pre-release stream of his latest mixtape, ArtOfficial. The 17-track project, which is presented by Paperroll$ and
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)