If you have ever spent any time in a church or in Sunday school, you’ve more than likely heard how God created the world in six days and used the seventh for rest. Although he is not the creator of the hip-hop world, Minneapolis native Rocky Diamonds shares this same belief on his latest single, Day One. Diamonds did not create the Earth or anything, but he has been keeping it real from the day he was born. To accentuate his claims, the emcee employs a slurred, yet slightly aggressive flow as he retraces his steps. This approach is complimented nicely by the leaning boardwork of producer J. Classic, who concocts a track built around trap influences with a swaying, ever-so-slight southern splash. Will you be counting the days until Diamonds’ upcoming project, Artoffical, drops this spring, or were you left wanting more? Share your thoughts and ratings in the comments section below.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Rocky’s Miguel Lozano and Half Awake Clothing-directed Day One visuals.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.