If you have ever spent any time in a church or in Sunday school, you’ve more than likely heard how God created the world in six days and used the seventh for rest. Although he is not the creator of the hip-hop world, Minneapolis native Rocky Diamonds shares this same belief on his latest single, Day One. Diamonds did not create the Earth or anything, but he has been keeping it real from the day he was born. To accentuate his claims, the emcee employs a slurred, yet slightly aggressive flow as he retraces his steps. This approach is complimented nicely by the leaning boardwork of producer J. Classic, who concocts a track built around trap influences with a swaying, ever-so-slight southern splash. Will you be counting the days until Diamonds’ upcoming project, Artoffical, drops this spring, or were you left wanting more? Share your thoughts and ratings in the comments section below.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Rocky’s Miguel Lozano and Half Awake Clothing-directed Day One visuals.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!