If you have ever spent any time in a church or in Sunday school, you’ve more than likely heard how God created the world in six days and used the seventh for rest. Although he is not the creator of the hip-hop world, Minneapolis native Rocky Diamonds shares this same belief on his latest single, Day One. Diamonds did not create the Earth or anything, but he has been keeping it real from the day he was born. To accentuate his claims, the emcee employs a slurred, yet slightly aggressive flow as he retraces his steps. This approach is complimented nicely by the leaning boardwork of producer J. Classic, who concocts a track built around trap influences with a swaying, ever-so-slight southern splash. Will you be counting the days until Diamonds’ upcoming project, Artoffical, drops this spring, or were you left wanting more? Share your thoughts and ratings in the comments section below.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Rocky’s Miguel Lozano and Half Awake Clothing-directed Day One visuals.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/26/13
Minneapolis emcee Rocky Diamonds has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners an exclusive pre-release stream of his latest mixtape, ArtOfficial. The 17-track project, which is presented by Paperroll$ and
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.