While Minneapolis boasts a strong underground scene, “swag” is not a quality commonly associated with my city of residence. Here to change that is Rocky Diamonds, making his Booth debut with freshly-minted mxtape standout Ballin’. Here, Tae Beatz‘sparse, bass-booming boardwork sets the stage for braggadocious bars from the Twin Cities repper, as well as an energetically-flowed guest 16 by Philly street. Impressed by this up-and-comer’s stunting? More fresh cuts await on The Diamond Life, released September 15, and available now from the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 09/21/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Now" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)