While Minneapolis boasts a strong underground scene, “swag” is not a quality commonly associated with my city of residence. Here to change that is Rocky Diamonds, making his Booth debut with freshly-minted mxtape standout Ballin’. Here, Tae Beatz‘sparse, bass-booming boardwork sets the stage for braggadocious bars from the Twin Cities repper, as well as an energetically-flowed guest 16 by Philly street. Impressed by this up-and-comer’s stunting? More fresh cuts await on The Diamond Life, released September 15, and available now from the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 09/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Now" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.